Health insurance Plans
Why is Medical Insurance Essential?
Enrollment in coverage supports the health and well-being of individuals and communities. Studies confirm that coverage improves access to care; supports positive health outcomes, including an individual’s sense of their own health and well-being; incentivizes appropriate use of health care resources; and reduces financial strain on individuals, families and communities.
Health Insurance Services
How the health care law protects you
- Requires insurance plans to cover people with pre-existing health conditions, including pregnancy, without charging more (Medicare Supplements do have underwriting requirements after the IEP or SEP election periods)
- Provides free preventive care
- Gives young adults more coverage options
- Ends lifetime and yearly dollar limits on coverage of essential health benefits
- Helps you understand the coverage you’re getting
- Holds insurance companies accountable for rate increases
- Makes it illegal for health insurance companies to cancel your health insurance just because you get sick
- Protects your choice of doctors
- Protects you from employer retaliation