General liability insurance
A general liability insurance policy — also known as business liability insurance — protects businesses from claims that result from normal business operations. Get a business liability insurance policy for protection from bodily injuries, medical payments, advertising injuries, and more.
Protect Your Business
- There are two types of CGL policies: a claims-made policy that covers claims regardless of when the event took place, and an occurrence policy where the event must take place during a set period.
- Companies can add other companies or individuals they contract with to their commercial liability insurance policy as an “additional insured.”
- Commercial general liability policies may cover the cost of any accidental damages as a result of the business’ operations or the legal costs of defending a suit.
- Commercial general liability does not provide protection against intentional damages, or any type of accident involving automobiles, aircraft, or watercraft.
Is it necessary to have general liability insurance?
The Dangers of Not Having General Liability Insurance
- You’ll need legal counsel which can cost over $100 per hour
- The maximum amount could easily exceed $75,000 if the claim ends up in court
- ou may need to spend several thousands of dollars, even if the lawsuit gets dropped
- When you add the cost of administrative work, legal secretaries and any settlements or judgments, your business could face a bill totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars. The right general liability insurance policy can help your business cover these costs.
When you’re searching for for commercial general liability insurance near me, consider consulting Irion Insurance Group.